At Agape Interpreting, our interpreters are always state and nationally certified, and are trained, tested and certified by government and professional organizations to ensure that you receive the most qualified interpreter. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires that care be taken to protect patient privacy, including governing how health care records and other individually identifiable patient information is transmitted, whether on paper, electronically, or through an interpreter. Strict adherence to the standard of confidential communication is emphasized and enforced. Maintaining HIPAA compliance and code of conduct is our highest priority.
Code of Conduct
All of our interpreters strictly adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct set forth by the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and co-authored by the National Association of the Deaf (NAD).
- Interpreters adhere to standards of confidential communication.
- Interpreters possess the professional skills and knowledge required for the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the specific interpreting situation.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for consumers.
- Interpreters demonstrate respect for colleagues, interns, and students of the profession.
- Interpreters maintain ethical business practices.
- Interpreters engage in professional development.